
Trust: to place confidence
How can a relationship exist without trust? How does a relationship survive without it? I don't know. We all make mistakes. We're human, after all. We're not perfect. Sometimes we make poor choices and when we realize our stupidity...it's painful and overwhelming. It's not like we all go out with the intention of doing stupid things. Right? I think we tend to do things the wrong way, but that's how we learn. We learn from our mistakes. I know that I'm a work in progress. I know I'm not perfect. Don't think I'd want to be. I know I'm faulty. Those things go with being me...being human. I believe...when in a relationship...be it friendship, with family members, in a marriage...shit happens. Pardon my French, but there it is. Good stuff happens. Bad stuff happens. We make a bad choice. We say the wrong thing. We do or don't do something that angers or hurts the other person. Most people don't take that road on purpose. We're not hurtful on purpose. Right? I'm not. I'm really not that type of person. Whenever we choose the wrong path...whenever we make those poor choices...we should ask for forgiveness. We should move forward. We should leave the past in the past. We need to stop flipping through the files in our mind...in our memory. We need to stop pulling out the negative memories. We need to close the files and put them safely away. Opening them and dragging them out only makes life more difficult. If a relationship is strong enough then...I believe...it should be able to let the love wash over the transgressions. Love should lift up and heal. I believe in the love conquers all saying. Like it says in the Bible:
1 Corinthians 13
Love 1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Isn't this something we should hold dear? I think so. These verses show us the way. Love is the greatest thing of all. Seems to me...we should all strive towards this. We need to love. We need to forgive. We need to embrace one another. Yes, we all make mistakes. We are human...but we can push aside the drama, the hurt, the sad, haunting memories. I hope I can be a better person. I want to live in love and I'm going to do all I can to do just that. I hope and pray that others can find their way to do this as well. Let love and trust prevail. Let's believe in one another. Let's follow this path so we can keep moving forward....so we can find the happiness and peace that we all deserve. We're worth it. We are. Just close those files in your memory and move forward. Please. Just do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment