
Saturday, S. and I went to the Farmer's Market. I keep saying I want to go, but for some reason have felt intimidated. I have NO idea why. S. has been asking about buying our Halloween pumpkin and I told him we would NOT buy one at a parking lot pumpkin patch. Nope. I said we'd go to the Farmer's Market and we did. It was really cold Saturday morning, and there were tons of people at and around the Farmer's Market. They're doing early voting at the Agricenter and they were doing the Race for the Cure. AND there were lots of people at the market. We went inside the market building first and it was sooo cold. Wow! I bought some huge, home grown tomatoes, green peppers and onions. Those tomatoes were amazing! Sooo big. I made chili that night and I put green peppers and onion in and those market veggies rocked. For some reason, they tasted better than the ones I buy at the grocery. Yum! After we bought our veggies, we went to a nursery/pumpkin patch next door. They had lots and lots of pumpkins. Teeny tiny ones and HUGE ones. Those big pumpkins were incredible. They cost around $30!!! S. was looking at those and I kept saying, "Smaller!" lol I felt like we were picking out our Christmas tree! lol We had to find just the right one. And we did find one....not too big and not too expensive. We put it in our wagon and bought two smaller ones as well. S. was so cute pulling that little, red wagon around with the pumpkins inside. (g) After we paid, S. pulled the wagon to our van and he put the smaller pumpkins inside. I hauled the bigger one and managed to get it into the van without dropping it to the ground! Hooray! We carved them on Sunday. D. did most of the work. S. was so grossed out about having to reach in and pull out the seeds and "guts." He cracked us up!! S. picked out the face for the big one and D. picked out the faces for the two smaller pumpkins. I was happy with the three faces and grabbed my camera to document the moment. I want to take some photos of the finished pumpkins all aglow. I'll post a photo after we do that.
All in all, it was a wonderful morning. S. and I had the best time checking out the Farmer's Market and the pumpkin patch. It was one of those crisp, sunny, autumn days and it was glorious to be outside with my sweet boy. I'm so glad we went to the Farmer's Market as opposed to looking for a pumpkin in a parking lot or in the grocery store. Seeing the smile on S.'s face said it all. What an awesome memory for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment