
One of my friends was talking about not feeling her mojo. She was referring mostly to her creative mojo but also in all areas of her life. I can relate to that. With the way things are in the world, in our country and in our lives, it's hard to move past the difficult stuff. How are we supposed to rise above so much bad news, so much negativity? I don't know. I don't have any answers. I feel pulled under...like the weight of everything keeps me under the surface and I'm struggling to free myself from the heaviness. I find myself so completely overwhelmed by the financial problems occuring in America. What are we supposed to do about the Wall Street woes and the increasing national and personal debt? The credit crisis? People are losing so much. Money. Jobs. Homes. So much. The government passed the $7 billion dollar bail out. Really and truly...where is that money coming from? And will it make a difference? Will it solve the problems once and for all...so we don't find ourselves in this same place in the future? I wonder. We struggle. We watch other people struggle. We see it in our lives...at home. We see it on the news...read about it in the papers. We're surrounded by it. And then there's the presidential election. It's about one month away. I'll be so glad when it's all said and done. I'm very tired of the back and forth...the mud slinging...the same rhetoric. It's past being old. I'm afraid. Of what will happen. Either way. I honestly don't know if it's possible to fix the problems that exist in America. But I'm no politician. I'm no expert in these matters. I'm just an average American with views, opinions, hopes, dreams. I feel as if I'm on the outside looking in. Looking through the window but I'm unable to actually reach in and touch. KWIM? So why wouldn't our mojo be affected? Creative or other. I believe we have to be extra kind to ourselves. We have to take a step back from the daily grind. We have to turn off the news. Skip the paper for a day. Remember the things we enjoy doing and just shut out the insanity so we can focus on them. Immerse ourselves in the things that bring us joy. Whether it's a hobby, spending time with family or friends, reading, watching a movie, listening to music...whatever it is...just take the time to enjoy it. Because I'm bipolar, it's easy for me to slip into a major case of the blues. I have the hardest time walking around the blah's. I always seem to wade in and then I get all wet and I'm stuck. I need to pay close attention to where I walk. I need to make sure I go around the puddles. I need to stay on dry ground. I try to find the little things that make me smile. I'm blessed to have such a precious son who is so outgoing and open with his feelings. Several times a day, he tells me I'm the best...that he loves me. He makes me smile. I can grasp some mojo from his loving attention. I find ways to escape the blues. I listen to upbeat music. I find a favorite book and get caught up in the story. I pull out my favorite movie and curl up on the sofa with a blanket and some chocolate. It's okay to do that. It's okay to put the routine to the side and allow yourself time to be with yourself. It's okay to take care of you. It's okay to find your happy place. You need to let go. You need to splurge. You need to go for it. And it's okay if your mojo doesn't leap to life. It make take a while. Your mojo may have to return slowly and quietly. Just let it happen. I have to remind myself of this. I have to remember that it's okay to be in a mojo-less place. The more I try to force it...the longer it stays away. We just have to relax and take lots of deep breaths. Let's take a time out and indulge. It's okay. We deserve it. Right?
No comments:
Post a Comment