I've discovered another new author. Charlaine Harris. I read her novel, Dead Until Dark, part of the Sookie Stackhouse series and I LOVED it! I'm hooked. There are nine books (so far) in the series and I'll be reading each and every one. Just like I did with Robert Crais' books. I finished all of the Elvis Cole novels that he's written so far and am hoping a new novel will be released soon. But now I've got Sookie and her stories to keep me entertained. She is such a southern character! lol She has quirks up one side and down the other. She can read minds and the locals think she's strange. When she meets Bill, a vampire, she finds solace in not being able to hear his thoughts. She finds a soothing quiet. And she's really attracted to him. Now I love vampires. There are lots of heroes in romance novels who are vampires. There's just something about them... having these powers. Everything about them is so intense. And I'm talking about the sexy vampires...the ones you love to love. Not the "rip your throat out" type of vampires. I'm talking about the devoted to their woman....great in bed.... so enigmatic....so dark and compelling. Bill is like that. He has that dark, sexy presence. The way he takes care of Sookie...it intrigues me. And I love her no nonsense way. She doesn't take crap and I think that's so great. She stands up to everyone and has true strength. She's sassy and funny and loving and I like her very, very much. She's special and so is Bill. Next on the reading list is Living Dead in Dallas. Can't wait to see what happens next.Thursday, February 12, 2009
New Author
I've discovered another new author. Charlaine Harris. I read her novel, Dead Until Dark, part of the Sookie Stackhouse series and I LOVED it! I'm hooked. There are nine books (so far) in the series and I'll be reading each and every one. Just like I did with Robert Crais' books. I finished all of the Elvis Cole novels that he's written so far and am hoping a new novel will be released soon. But now I've got Sookie and her stories to keep me entertained. She is such a southern character! lol She has quirks up one side and down the other. She can read minds and the locals think she's strange. When she meets Bill, a vampire, she finds solace in not being able to hear his thoughts. She finds a soothing quiet. And she's really attracted to him. Now I love vampires. There are lots of heroes in romance novels who are vampires. There's just something about them... having these powers. Everything about them is so intense. And I'm talking about the sexy vampires...the ones you love to love. Not the "rip your throat out" type of vampires. I'm talking about the devoted to their woman....great in bed.... so enigmatic....so dark and compelling. Bill is like that. He has that dark, sexy presence. The way he takes care of Sookie...it intrigues me. And I love her no nonsense way. She doesn't take crap and I think that's so great. She stands up to everyone and has true strength. She's sassy and funny and loving and I like her very, very much. She's special and so is Bill. Next on the reading list is Living Dead in Dallas. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment