Thursday, February 19, 2009

hints of spring




















I was running errands this morning and I noticed that the daffodils and tulip trees are starting to bloom. I LOVE seeing these beautiful blossoms. I am worried that the changing temperatures will hurt the flowers and blooming trees. Yesterday, it was around 70* but today, it's in the upper 30's. (It's colder than the weather people said it was going to be.) And I heard they're predicting snow this weekend! ??? What in the world? I love each and every season. I really do. I love winter, but I think it's because I want snow. When we don't get it....I'd just rather move on into spring. Do I believe it will snow this weekend? Heck no. I'm certainly NOT holding my breath. When they predict it, we don't get it. That's just the way it works. I'd love a wonderful snow storm. I'd love lots of white, sparkling snow. It would be so wonderful, but I'm realistic. I know it's not going to happen this year. Soooo.....I'm ready for the warmer, spring temperatures. I'm ready for the flowers and trees to bloom. I'm ready for all of that beautiful, radiant color. Isn't spring lovely?



No comments: