Friday, September 26, 2008

Knitting

Knitting. I'm going to attempt to knit today. I've never knitted before, but I have the yarn and the needles. S.'s school is having a craft project party this afternoon, and we'll be knitting. I've sewn, embroidered, and cross-stitched, but I've never knitted. This should be a very interesting afternoon. (g) I'm a very creative person, so I'm hoping that I'll catch on quickly. Scrapbooking, card making, and writing are my creative loves at the moment. I can easily sit down to write. I can lose myself in the book I'm writing. I can get caught up in the story and my characters' lives. It's easy to express myself through my poetry and my journal entries. And I can take photos and come up with a wonderful page that records the precious memories of my life and everything and everyone in it. I've reached the point where I no longer buy greeting cards. I much prefer making my own. They're more personal. More beautiful and from my heart. I'm definitely comfortable with these methods of expression. Knitting? Not so much. (grin) But I'm willing to step out of my comfort zone and try. I'm interested in knowing what I'll actually create. Will it be a keeper or not? We'll see. To knit or not to knit. That is the question. (grin)

No comments: