Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Knitting - NOT!

Here's a big revelation....I cannot knit! Nope. Not at all. I bought 2 sets of knitting needles and 2 different colors of yarn...one for me and one for S. Didn't know I was supposed to roll the yarn into balls. If I'd known...I would've done that before going to the school knitting party. That would've saved some time. Had to spend a lot of time getting those balls of yarn done. Roll into a ball...roll into a ball...roll, roll, roll. Finally! We're ready to learn how to knit. Uh huh. The teacher does the "casting on." What the heck? She gets us started and then it's up to us. Managed that... at least I did. S. was more interested in getting a snack. :::rolling my eyes::: But he comes back and is interested in learning so we get the teacher to show us the next step. Knitting. I watch closely...I'm a visual learner...and I think I've got it. The teacher watches me and says I'm doing well. Naturally, we spent so much time making the yarn balls that we've run out of time to knit. I grab the directions and tell S. we'll do it when we get home. Ha! We sit down and I can't do it right. Can't get the stitches done. I even go to and from the computer getting directions and I still can't get it. S. and I are both extremely frustrated and we almost throw the balls of yarn AND the needles into the trash. Argh! We didn't but I've put them to the side. I've never thought about learning to knit and now I know why! I think I'll stick to scrapbooking, cardmaking and writing. lol Maybe after the frustration lessens, I'll try again. I ain't holding my breath, tho. Knit one, purl two, my butt! lol

No comments: