Friday, August 28, 2009

Back to school.....



School is back in session! Happy, happy! Joy, joy! lol Being at home ALL summer with a 7yr old is taxing on one's sanity. :-) We had good times and we had frustrating times and it was always active. Now...I have peace and quiet and I can get back to the projects I put on hold. I'm loving having some "me" time.

I am under some stress and am worrying about S. His speech disfluency has gone from bad to worse. He is having such a difficult time getting his words out. He's started stuttering and struggling and it's painful to see. :-( We're having him reevaluated for ADHD and have a new dr. for that. She's awesome! I hope and pray that she can put us on a new, helpful path. We meet with her tomorrow morning and I'm anxious to hear what she has to say. (fingers crossed)

Been reading a lot and loving it. I've read some new books by new authors. And, of course, I'm reading lots of romance novels. (g) Can't help myself. I've read all of the Sookie Stackhouse novels and will have to wait til Charlaine Harris writes the next one in the series. I've been watching the True Blood series on HBO which is based on the Sookie books. The show is very graphic...but I guess if you're dealing with vampires...it has to be...right? lol But I'm loving it. There are only 2 episodes left so I'll have to wait for next season. More waiting! Argh! lol

Looking forward to fall and the cooler temps. When school starts...it feels like it's time to move on out of summer and into the fall season. I guess it's just that internal clock kind of a thing.

All in all....things are okay. I'm just breathing such a sigh of relief that school is back in session! I'm in the mom club...where we can't wait for that 1st day! lol

Happy, happy....joy, joy!!!!!

No comments: