Getting old is a bitch. Of course, as they say, it's better than the alternative. I had to stop and think about how old I'd be turning in June. I remember when I was young - like in my teens - thinking that 20 was so old....that 30 was so old....that 40 was ancient. It seemed so far away. And I'm going to turn 48 this year. That's 2 years til 50!!! I can't imagine being 50. I mean the number. It's overwhelming!!! I certainly don't feel like I'm almost 48....heading to 50. But I feel like my body is slowly falling apart. Of course, I know a lot of my woes have to do with my being overweight. I've noticed that my hips hurt. After I sit for a while and then stand...my legs hurt. I know exactly what I need to do to fix those problems. That's entirely in my control. It just sucks...being bipolar...having "female" problems....dealing with sleep apnea....and now the problems stemming from this septoplasty. Oh...and I forgot to mention the headaches. I keep having constant headaches/migraines and my dr. sent me for a CT scan. Fortunately, everything was fine...but the headaches were still there. Now I'm taking a prescription med to help. Add another pill to the schedule. Such fun! I'm dealing. I'm tired of one medical thing after another happening. KWIM? But I'm dealing.And this nose stuff. I STILL have the whistle in the right side of my nose. My ob/gyn suggested I go for a 2nd opinion and I went to the phone right away and called the dr. he recommended. I see the dude on Monday and I can't wait to hear what he has to say. Nothing like looking at those mistakes and asking yourself: WHY????? I hate that! So much! I hope I can fix whatever problem remains with my nose. And if I like this dr. and feel like he's telling me like it is....I may switch. We'll see how it goes. Such fun.
Still....I cannot believe I'll be 48. Where has the time gone? I mean...seriously. ????? It's good that I don't feel my age. I still "feel" like I did when I was in college. I feel as if I haven't changed from those days. And I suppose that's a good thing. I don't feel like I need to be propped up in a rocking chair watching my shows. lol I'm still that kid at heart and I rejoice in that. I just wish I could renew my dang warranty!
lol
No comments:
Post a Comment