Friday, April 17, 2009

Body Image


I'm struggling with my body image. I swear...every time I see my reflection, I want to cry. It's so hard for me not to comfort myself with food. Isn't that stupid? It's not that I sit around eating bon bons. I don't. But when I feel like I need to make myself feel better...I tend to choose the potato chips as opposed to the fruit. And it makes me feel out of control...which is absurd considering that I'm the one doing it to myself. I have all of the control. Hello...get a clue, girl. Every day I tell myself it's a clean slate and I can choose the healthy foods. I want to feel better. My mood is mostly good. I'm having some "blues" instances but I'm hanging in here. I just want to feel better physically. Guess I'm trying to give myself a pep talk. I'm that little engine...I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. I want to look at my reflection and be happy with what I see. I want to feel that confidence that comes with feeling healthy. I just have to take that first step. I think today is the day. I'm stepping out. I can do this. I know I can.

Here I go.......

No comments: