Wednesday, January 14, 2009

new things....




NEW THINGS!! I love to read. I love to listen to music. Sometimes I get caught up in the same old, same old. It happens. But I've found a new author and a new band. I'm so excited. The new author is Robert Crais. Thanks to my friend, I have been introduced to Elvis Cole and his partner, Joe Pike. Elvis is a private investigator and Joe is his kick butt side kick. The books are mysteries and I've gone from the romance genre to Elvis and his cases. So far, there are 12 books in the series and I've read up through #5. I have 2 more here to read (borrowed from the library) and I've already put 8-11 on hold at the library to have during my surgery recovery time frame. I've been reading these books pretty much in one day. I love them that much. I think I have a crush on Elvis! lol There's just something about him that really appeals to me. I'm digging his stories. Of course, I'm still reading my romance novels...just bought one yesterday and am almost done reading it. I had to do it. Had to read it. Something about the hero of that book that makes me swoon. lol Hey. Can't help it! But I'm hooked on Elvis Cole and have signed up for Robert Crais' newsletters. That way I'll know when each new book is released. Yea!

Also....new music....Forty Foot Echo. Who knew? I was checking out the new releases on iTunes and I discovered Forty Foot by accident. They are awesome! They rock. Seriously! I downloaded 4 of their songs to my iPod but will end up doing the 2 albums. I know I will. They remind me of Nickelback...just a bit. AND Nickelback has a new album out as well and it rocks, too. But I'm thrilled to have found FFE. I downloaded their songs Drift, Save Me, Brand New Day and Long Way Down. Very, very good.

I'm loving Elvis. I'm loving Forty Foot Echo. I'm feeling pretty good right now.

:-)

No comments: