Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The blues....


I've been thinking about the blues lately. There's that song that says everybody gets the blues sometime. It's only natural. It's a part of life. I know...for me...I'd rather be all upbeat and lively. Who likes feeling blah? I mean....seriously? I think we just have to accept that life is a rollercoaster ride with those highs and lows. It's inevitable that we're going to get the blues from time to time. I wish there was some way to go around them. Wish I had a pill or a secret ingredient to get rid of them. Getting the blues, for me, can be really, really tough...being bipolar and all. But when I know one of my friends is blue....well....it's hard for me. I want to fix it. I want to shine the light and wrap them up in warm sunshine. I want to soak up those blues and bring a smile to their face. It would be so wonderful to be able to do that. The thing is....we have to sit and be still. We have to let the blues wash over us and flow away. I guess...if you think about it... it's a cleansing experience of sorts. You finally just stop. You don't have the energy to do what you really want to do. You have to let go and allow yourself to just "be." And by doing that, you recharge. It's a necessary thing. And I always try to fight it. I don't want to feel blue. I want to be perky and chipper and ready to go. I have to remind myself that it's okay to let go and just "be." We all have to recognize that we need downtime. We have to embrace it and take the time to pamper ourselves. We're worth it. We need it. We deserve it.

"Your sacred space is where you can find yourself again, and again."

Joseph Campbell

No comments: